Saturday 13 September 2014

Sherlock (Tv Series Review)

I found this to be one of the best tv series of this decade, in both the acting and the writting. I love the map work, story and way the crime scenes are examined.

This show based on the works of Sir Arthur Connan Doyle is a modern day twist on the consulting detectives battle against crime, whilst he must fight his nemesis in the shadows.

Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat do an excellent job of updating the classic novels, whilst still keeping true to the books. I have to admit that before I saw Sherlock, Robert Downy Jr. was my Holmes and thought it would be impossible to better, but I was wrong. Benedict Cumberbatch's icy portrail of the "Great Detective in the funny hat" was most engaging and funny with his lack of understaning human emotion.

But it is Andrew Scott and Lara Pulver, who in my opinion made the show brilliant for me. Moriarty, played by Scott was a flamboyant, nasty man with some of the best killer line. While Irene Adler had a powerful and emotional story with lighter notes, giving her a more rounded personality than Rachel Mcadams (though I still do like her portrail.)

If you haven't watched this show you should as it is tv gold and a brilliant Brittish classic tv series.

No comments:

Post a Comment