Tuesday 16 September 2014

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Review)

Can we change the title to the "incredibly average Spider-Man" for this film? No... I'm being slightly harsh here. I was excpecting to like it so much more than I actually did, because I love the first one so much. I had to agree with my dad's usual "half an hour to long" moan. I found the many Peter, Gwen scenes to be unnecessary in number although they are probably needed in light of what happens later.


The character of Rhino was irritating and the only thing that made him worth watching was the suit at the end. As for Electro, I feel he was too whiny and wasn't hard-hitting enough as a villain. If they had just kept Dane DeHann as the only villain then that would have made the film a lot better than it was. 

I felt DeHann and Garfield were the best actors in the film and I loved the new look of "The Green Goblin." 

Did I like this movie.... Yes. Did I love this movie... Not even close. It was one superhero movie I would watch if I was bored, but it would not be one I would beg to put on if I was asked to choose a movie to watch on film night. I generally feel bad putting this down, but I can only hope the thrid and fgourth movie relight the fire and send it soaring back to the standards of the the first film.

No comments:

Post a Comment