Friday 12 September 2014

Davy and Stu (Short Film Review)

Very diffrent from my original posts plan, but my brother gave me the best advice.... Don't just talk non- stop about the same thing.

This week I watched Davy and Stu and  I thought it was a really sweet, emotional and engaging short.

The film, based on the play written by Anton Dudley tells the story about two teenagers meeting in the bog and woods after school and the relationship the two boys have with each other.

Though the accents (meant to be scottish) aren't the best and are hard to understand after the first watch, the acting is great, spesifically the small facial expressions. It is also a wonderful tale of a teenager's first love, with Stu finding it difficult to express his feelings.

The conversations are real and the I find the whole script and the addition of the old scary legends to be a believable exchange between two teenagers.

Overall I absolutly adore this movie and  think it is a great example of a short film. I also think that both Nicholas Cutro and Travis Walters (as Davy and Stu) do  a marvelous job and have great chemistry between them.






No comments:

Post a Comment