Friday 12 September 2014

Constantine (2014 Pilot Review)

Interesting and fully enjoyable to watch. I have never read a Hellblazer comic in my 16 years on this planet, although my friend says I'm missing out. And if it is anything like what I have just witnessed... Send me the full series.

I liked the darker, edgier mystical side of the show and thought that Matt Ryan made a very good con-man occult "master." Watch the episode to get the refrence, because it is used  twice and may become the series' running joke.

The premise of the show is that John Constantine is trying to find a way regain his soul after it has been damned to the underworld. Nice idea and has a Buffy the Vampiresc vibe  to it.

It was not as good as the Flash Pilot, however I think that after a few episodes it will hit a stride and grow like Arrow did. It is well worth a watch and a bit of mystical fun.



Please do forgive the picture quality of the video as it a little fuzzy, but it is still watchable.

No comments:

Post a Comment